Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Bischoff's Take Hershey!

Reagan, Cole and I had a great time visiting Hershey Park, PA last week with the Bischoff side of the family - Pop, Rebecca, Jessica, Aunt Vicki, Emily, Alyssa, Leah, Aunt Sarah, Landon, and Luke.  The weather was beautiful and the kids had a great time riding rides, playing games, splashing in the water park and sharing ice cream.  It was a fun day and great to see all the cousins playing together.  It will definitely be a memory the kids will treasure for years.  And definitely needs to become a new yearly tradition!

After a fun day at Hershey I headed to St Louis for a client meeting to review the materials for an executive forum I have been developing.  It was a great meeting and we are getting very close to finalizing the content.  Timing is impeccable given Reagan and I leave for Charlottesville Tuesday.  I have been working hard to get the majority of the changes completed before we leave.

Unfortunately the day before I left for St Louis I learned the housing for the Kluge Rehabilitation Center at UVA was permanently closed.  I emailed the contact we have been coordinating with and she confirmed this is true.  Although I'm not sure why I wasn't notified, they did provide a list of local hotels that provide a negotiated hospital rate and she provided a scholarship application that I have completed to see if we are eligible for reimbursement.  Although we will  now need to pay for the hotel (8 nights) and will not have any cooking capabilities, we are grateful there may be funding to support some of the costs we will incur.

Although it is daunting to think about making the trek to Charlottesville every week for the next month and being away from Cole and Johnny, we are hopeful we will see some amazing progress again with Reagan.  And on a positive note, Reagan and I both know what to expect which will make our journey significantly much less stressful.  Pictures will be coming soon!






1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! It looks like the kids had a great time at Hershey Park!

    ReplyDelete