Friday, October 11, 2013

Cole Turns Three!


It is always with mixed emotions that we celebrate the twin's birthday.  When we planned the Disney trip it was intended to be on Cole's birthday so he could celebrate with Mickey.  Given he had one of the best birthday presents a kid could hope for we didn't plan a birthday party at home with his friends this year.

Daddy and the kids picked me up from the airport (coming back from the conference in TN) and we went to Red Robin for a birthday lunch, the obligatory singing from the wait staff and an ice cream sundae.  We went home after lunch so everyone could take naps and then, as with years past, we celebrated with a family picnic, a campfire and by sending a lantern to Kendall in Heaven.  A bittersweet day for us but so wonderful to spend it together as a family doing what we love.  The sunset and weather were absolutely perfect which was welcomed after last year's sketchy drizzle.  And of course Cole celebrated with his favorite food (a Schweisthal tradition) - pizza!

What truly matters in a birthday is not the presents or the party, but a celebration of birth and appreciation of having another year together.  We are so blessed to be able to spend every day with our little ironman and look forward to the next year!

















I would like to dedicate this journal entry to our beautiful baby girl, Kendall Kaye.  You were with us for what felt like the blink of an eye and yet you've impacted so many people with your time here on earth.  I am thankful for the people you have brought into my life and for helping me feel such a deep sense of love for a daughter I barely knew.  A piece of my heart will always be with you and I hope you know how much your mommy, daddy, big sister Reagan and baby brother Cole love you.  We blow you kisses every night and I pray that you look over us in the way only an angel can.  I yearn for the day that we can be together again and that I can hold you in my arms and tell you everything will be okay.  


My dearest Kendall Kaye...
In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.
...We love you sweet baby girl


Safe in His Arms ~ Forever in our Hearts





No comments:

Post a Comment