Monday, June 13, 2016

Reagan Rose Turns Seven!

Wow, where has the time gone?!  Reagan turned 7 on May 27th, 2016.  She has been very excited for months to celebrate.  She chose a princess party this year at Sweet and Sassy Salon.  She invited just a few friends from school and a few from outside school to join her for SpaTacular party.  The girls arrived at the Sweet and Sassy in Leesburg and were able to pick any gown from the party closet.  After getting dressed they moved into the salon area to have their hair braided, make-up done (this was a first for Reagan!), glitter applied and nails painted.

After all the girls had their princess treatments they moved into the fashion walkway so each could be officially coronated as a princess.  They were explained the coronation process and exactly what a princess would need to do, including the wave, the curtsy, the crown/wand and receiving their official certificate.  After the coronation ceremony Reagan was able to pick her three favorite songs and all the girls danced at their coronation ball.  The staff there was SO much fun - young and excited to dance and sing with the girls.  After the ball they moved into their party room where they decorated flip flops and had cupcakes.

After the party was done they went outside to take a pink limousine ride back to Reagan's house for a sleep over.  The girls had fun painting each others toes, dipping fruit in the chocolate fountain, and playing in the basement on the monkey bars, drum stage, see-saw and swing.  Once they settled down into sleeping bags they watched an American Girl movie on Netflix and had popcorn.

The fun continued in the morning with mom delivering Dunkin Donuts and more time for the girls to run around and play in the basement.  I think it's safe to say they all went home tired!

I marvel at the statement I made before kids, "I will never get sucked into hosting crazy birthday parties."  I stand corrected.  I often wonder if their near death experiences shaped how I view birthday parties.  I will never know because I can't "undo" that...but I do know that seeing the smile on my daughter's face is absolutely priceless to me.  There are so many times I have had to convince her that therapy is good for her even though it hurts. That wearing a cast is good for her even though it is hot and uncomfortable.  That there are worse things in life than wearing a leg brace to bed.  Life is short and I love the feeling that there is something out there we can look forward to.  There is something in life worth getting excited about.  And that even for just one day, Reagan can feel like a princess.  Everyone always says, "don't blink or your children will be all grown up."  I recognize that one day my children will no longer get excited about birthday parties, they won't believe in fairies and will choose time with friends over being with their mom and dad.  But I HAVE NOW...I may not have later.  So I relish in making the NOW everything that makes us sit back and feel we have experienced life.

No comments:

Post a Comment